The January meeting of the Lake Odessa Area Historical Society featured an overview of the bars, saloons and taverns in our village's history. The first saloon was built by Charles Scheidt in 1888 and was located on the south end of Main Street approximately in the location of the present day Page Memorial Building. This saloon served the village for many years later being operated by Andrew Reahm and then James Scheidt. While James Scheidt operated the business it became the property of the Haehnle Brewing Company of Jackson, Michigan, from 1894-1904. The business later changed hands several times and was operating as late as 1908-9. Shown above is this business advertising the Haehnle Beer. Many other bars located in the village over the years and many memories and trivia were shared at this meeting. It is planned to compile this information into some format so anyone with additional information on bars and saloons is welcome to contact the society.