Constructed in 1887, the Lake Odessa Depot remains a landmark of local railroad history. The Depot structure was moved to its present location at 1117 Emerson Street, Lake Odessa, in 1988. Since that time it has been restored and has become a focal point of the Lake Odessa Museum Complex. Displays in the Depot interpret the history of the railroad beginning with the first passenger train that came through Lake Odessa on July 16, 1888. This railroad was a part of the Detroit, Lansing and Northern Railroad at that time. The engine shown in the picture above appears to be Pere Marquette number 378 (perhaps a Pere Marquette historian can help us in identifying this engine better!). The view is taken from the west looking east and is an excellent view of the Depot at its original location.