What an awesome picture this is! The Algodon School (also called the Anway School) boasted a large enrollment in it's early years. This picture taken in the late 1880's gives a wide view including the school house, front yard and the students. The school, which was located in the northwest part of Odessa Township, was one of the first in the area and many early pioneer families sent their children here to learn readin', ritin' and rithmitic!!!