On December 1, 1939, Ford Goodemoot purchased the Standard Oil Station from George Barkdull. This station was located on the southwest corner of Fourth Avenue and Tupper Lake St. and had been built about 1923. Ford was in business here until 1942 when he sold it to Homer Bartlett. This picture was taken about 1941 and shows Leon Stearns, who was the Bulk Dealer for Standard Oil, and Ford Goodemoot. There were several stations in Lake Odessa during this era as the automobile was quickly becoming the popular form of transportation.